- NPTEL course titled Thermomechanical and Thermochemical processes, Sponsered by NPTEL, Co-ordinator: Prof. Vivek Pancholi and Prof.S.R. Meka, July-Oct 2019.
Academic activites/ short term/ Sponsored courses organized by the department (2017-19)
- 7th Gleeble Users Workshop India (GUWI'18) and "National Conference on Physical Simulation of Thermo-Mechanical Processing of Materials (NC-PSTMPM), Sponsered by Dynamic System Inc. (DSI) and Dynamic Testing System (DTS), Chairman: Prof Anjan Sil, 12-13 Oct 2018.
- QIP short term course on “Physical Simulation of Thermo-Mechanical Processes – Analysis and Interpretation”,Sponsered by QIP, Co-ordinator: Dr Vivek Pancholi, Dr. S R Meka, 2-6 July 2018.
- International Conference on Advances in Materials & Processing: Challenges & Opportunities (AMPCO 2017) sponsored by IIT Roorkee, Star testing system, ICON Analytical, JEOL India, DST, DRDO, CSIR, ISRO, MIDHANI, Nov 30 - Dec 2, 2017.
- Workshop on microstructural aspects of additive manufacturing Co-ordinator: Dr. S R Meka, Dec 3 2017.
- Workshop: “Materials and Processes for High Temperature Applications” Coordinator: Dr. BV Manoj Kumar andDr. V Dabhade, June 06-10, 2016.
- AICTE sponsored short term course on “Relevance of nanotechnology to the rechargeable battery technology” Coordinator: Dr. Anjan Sil and Dr. Yogesh K. Sharma, July 18 – 22, 2016.
Workshop: “Spark Plasma Sintering: A Promising Technique to Develop Advanced Structural Materials” Coordinator: Dr. B. V. Manoj Kumar, February 13, 2016.
- Workshop: Innomania, Coordinator: Dr. B. V. Manoj Kumar and other coordinator: Dr. P. K. Ghosh, February 14, 2015.
- Advanced Aerospace Materials: Processing, Characterization and Applications, Coordinator: Dr. Suhrit Mula, June 01-05, 2015.
Two –days Orientation program on Importance of IP (Patents and copy rights) and commercial aspects of research, Coordinators: Dr. B. V. Manoj Kumar, Dr. P. K. Ghosh, September 19-20, 2015.
- Short term course: “Materials Science Influence in Tribology of Engineering Ceramics” Coordinator: Dr. B. V. Manoj Kumar and other coordinator: Dr. S.K. Nath, June 30-July 04, 2014.
- Training programme for research scholars on state-of-the-art instruments, Professor and Head of Department, 1st week of June 2013.
- Introduction to Modeling and Simulation, QIP Programme, Dr. R. Jayaganthan, 9-13 Dec, 2013.